Sunday, May 18, 2008

Played in two events since my last posting, and the results were mixed. I played in a Sunbelt event in Pinehurst and finished well back with scores of 77-67-79. It was very disappointing because I shot an easy 63 in the pro-am and should have contended for this title. My driver left me the first round and I had trouble recovering to the small greens at Whispering Woods. The final day was moot because I had no chance of cashing and the back nine I frankly lost interest.

From Pinehurst I went to Myrtle Beach for the Spring edition of the Seaweed. This 2 man calcutta is always a blast and the pots this year were over 30K each day. I was only there for days 2 and 3, (shot 72-73) and tied for 1st the final day with Brian Petersen and made a little over $2500.

Anyway, I am off for a short while and then I play virtually every week starting in late June. I turn 50 May 31, so I will be entering the Champions Tour pre-qualifiers starting in June in Boston. I can't wait!!

No comments: