Friday, April 25, 2008

April ended up on a good note for me with my third consecutive finish in the money at Jones Creek in Augusta, Ga. I did not score all that great but was able to finish 6th with scores of 77-78-76. I have concluded that I am unable to read bermuda greens very well! I hit the ball beautifully all week and putted well, but was unable to make anything as I only had 3 birdies all week. I should have done better, but can't complain too much. I believe all of the events remaining this year will be on bent greens so I should have my putting woes behind me.

I was able to catch up with some old friends this trip; I played golf at Augusta CC and had dinner with Bill Gibbs and his family, and also saw Dick and Stevie Weldon, old family friends from New Jersey who moved to Aiken, SC several years ago. We had a wonderful meal with the Weldons in downtown Aiken, a lovely town just northwest of Augusta. I feel so fortunate to have friends in many places that I play; it makes the travel more enjoyable for sure!!

I am off this week and then play in Pinehurst the following week in the biggest purse of the year on the Sunbelt Tour. I have moved into the top ten on that money list...a good indicator that my game is improving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Toddy - As you were finishing up in Augusta, Jana, Streeter, Ella and I were walking into Phillips arena to see Bruce. Was awesome being with the Boss and the family. See you in soon. I want to caddy.

Jed