Saturday, April 12, 2008

April has gotten off to a better start than March finished!! The first Sunbelt event was in Peachtree City Ga, which is just south of Atlanta. I finished tied for 5th with a 219 total on rounds of 69-73-77. The last day was a little frustrating because I was 2 under through 4 and had two 3-putts to turn at even par. The wind really kicked up the back nine, and I got on the bogey train and shot 41. Nobody in our group shot better than 40 the last 9 holes! I had shot under par the other two days on the back, so the 20+ mile an hour wind really did play havoc with the golf ball.

It was nice to finish in the money, and I would like to finish stronger next week as I return to Atlanta to play in Woodstock at Town Lake CC. I will stay with Andy and John Reeves, my sister-in-law, so I should be good and relaxed.

No comments: