Monday, August 25, 2008

Not much to report over the past weeks. I played in the Wyndham pre-qualifier and shot a disappointing 77; putted terrible and actually hit it OK. I was getting out-driven by 50 yards by the younger kids, and it was hard to stay patient after seeing the other players ball so far ahead of mine!

We got both girls back to school, and they are busy doing what college students do early in the semester before the work starts...I hope much fun is being had by Ann Howell and Barrett! (but not too much)

Because I had not played much for a few weeks, I decided to play in the club championship at Forsyth. As a dues paying member the club allows you to participate in tournaments if you wish, regardless of your status as an amateur or professional. Anyway, I played OK the first 2 days and was 2 shots back after rounds of 73-74. I came out on fire the last day and had it 4 under through 5 holes, and shot 67 to win by 2. Not exactly a big win, but it was good to play well the last day and take charge of the tournament. Something to learn from. More later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you won the tournament. Let us know your schedule.
Good Luck,
Tim