Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Rockbarn Champions Tour pre-qualifier was Friday at Brushy Mountain G. C. I continued my putting woes and shot 79 with 38 putts. It took 71 to advance to the regular qualifier. Definitely do-able. I had been putting well, and got off to a terrible start with a short miss for birdie at the first hole and then consecutive 3-putts at 2 and 3. I ended up the day with only one birdie, and 3-jacked the last hole for good measure. I guess you can tell I am a little fed up with my putting. I go through spells where I putt like Tiger, and have spells where I putt like Helen Keller! It is maddening.

Next on tap is the SAS pre-qualifier in Durham on the 19th. I am going to Tennessee next weekend to work with a pro that my buddy Glenn Funk knows, so I plan on making the best of that situation and hopefully get some confidence.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Todd,
Good luck at the upcoming SAS. I really thought you struck the ball very well last week, and with any putts falling, could have easily advanced. stay focused and play well in Durham. Two great rounds is all it takes to get into the main event, and I have seen you shoot lights out many times.
Bryan