Monday, September 22, 2008

Golf can be such a cruel game. I did my 4th Champions Tour pre-qualifier this past Friday at Croisdale in Durham, NC. It was for the SAS Championship in Cary this week. I shot 73, and was knocked out of a playoff by the last guy in the last group! The low 6 advanced, and I finished tied for 7th. Such a bummer. I played very well tee to green on a fantastic but tough course, missing only 1 fairway and hitting 14 greens. I putted well, but did have 3 three putts from about 75 feet each time. The greens were huge, and I made many good rolls and had 3 birdies. I did birdie the last hole, and hit the ball tight several times on the back 9. I am encouraged by my play, and will be working very hard on my short game and putting before Q-school in early November.

No comments: