Friday, February 08, 2008

Today I leave for Florida and the start of my third season as a professional golfer. This is the year I turn 50, so all of the effort I have put forth the past 2 years to get tough and competitive needs to shine through if I have any hope of reaching my goals.

I have been home since early December, and the weather has been mild so I have been able to practice. I did go to Florida in January for a fun competition between some Wake Forest Alums and a similar group from Vanderbilt. (Deacs won of course!)

My practice this winter has been productive. I am using a long belly putter and using it like a long putter. It seems that I make more quality strokes this way, and that certainly is a good thing. I have shot some good scores this winter, with a 67 at Forsyth as well as a career best 61 from the white tees in the Wednesday game last month. I shot 28 on the back by making eagle on 13 and birdies on out from there! Need to do that in competetion! Sure does give confidence though!

Anyway, my game and mind are ready for the biggest year of my golfing life, so lets bring it on.

No comments: