Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Well, to quote the old song..."mama said there would be days like this, there would be days like this my mama said! The Sunbelt event at Deer Island was every bit as bad as the previous week was good! I was well rested and ready to continue my confident play last week, and I stunk the course up. I had nothing, never broke 75 and did everything poorly. I was never comfortable on a course where there was tons of water, and greens that I never could get the feeling that I could make anything.

You just have to chalk it up to a bad week, and move on. I came home and have been hitting it great, and plan on playing well when I return to Florida in mid-March. I did discover an alignment problem with my putting, and have been working on that. I really am ahead of last year at this point, and I have never been totally comfortable on old, grainy bermuda greens. Davenport had bremuda as well but they were new and had little grain. Thankfully only 2 more tournaments in Florida, and then on to bent greens and better things! More as I approach the next events...

No comments: