Saturday, February 16, 2008

Well, 2008 got off to a fairly good start with my first Sunbelt Senior event in Florida. We played at Providence CC in Davenport, a new course that is really pretty good. I played fairly well in my 2 practice rounds, and was putting well. I have switched to a longer putter (a 46" belly putter actually) and am using it as a long putter would be used.

Anyway, the first day was really windy and spotty rain and I shot 74 with a double on 2 and only one birdie. Scores were high due to the conditions so 74 was not that bad. I followed it up with 69 on the second day that could have been much lower. The final day I shot even par 72 which was disappointing because I had it 4 under through 13 and was cruising. I may have lost my focus a little after a bad drive in 14, so I learned a lesson there.

Those scores (-1) were good enough for a tie for 6th and a little over $900. The important thing was I came out of the gate strong, played in the next to last group the final day, and didn't back up. (although I did have a tough 3 hole stretch the back 9!!) I will learn from this and be better when the same situation presents itself.

I am spending the weekend in Boca Raton with Pete Larkworthy, a classmate from Babcock that I have not seen in several years. I will head back up to Orlando Sunday ,and Deer Island begins Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Toddy Brown!!! Raking in the cash!! You can afford to go to Hooters and have a mixed drink now and not just the draft on special! Keep it up buddy! I'm pulling for you and following the blog. Jr Carr